28th Foundation Day of PAT celebrated
While addressing the 28th foundation-day ceremony of PAT in the central secretariat, Dr. Hassan Mohi-ud-Din Qadri has remarked sarcastically that the statistics of mind blowing progress and development of national economy claimed by the Federal Finance Minister while giving the pre-budget briefing indicate that very soon the international financial Institutions would borrow from the Nawaz-led government in order to meet their running cost. He noted that Federal Finance Minister had world-wide reputation of presenting cooked-up and fudged statistics. “The claims of fast-track progress have nothing to do with ground realities. Contrary to this, the government has utterly failed to provide the basic social amenities of education, health, justice and security”, he added while noting that despite sacrificing more than 70 thousand people, the government could not develop its anti-terrorism counter narrative and our PM was not provided with the opportunity to speak in the summit that was organized to formulate consensus- based global response against terrorism.
Dr Hassan Mohi-ud-Din Qadri said when the leaders had dual standards in their words and actions, when they had suspicious sources of income and carried the begging-bowl everywhere, such humiliating treatment was unavoidable. He remarked that he would feel proud, if the Finance Minister announced to return all loans and decided to break the begging bowl. He wondered how we could term this progress and good governance when the public could not get pure medicine, when the poor could not feed his children, when the courts could not dispense justice speedily and where the people of Pakistan had been deprived of pure food.
Special cake was cut and prayers were offered for the national prosperity, progress and getting rid of corrupt, and incompetent leadership. Prayers were also offered for the longer life of founding-leader Dr. Tahir-ul-Qadri. PAT Secretary General, Khurram Nawaz Gandapur, Noorullah Siddiqui, Sajid Bhatti, Basharat Jaspal, Fiaz Warraich, Raja Zahid and others also participated in the foundation-day ceremony.
The participants paid homage to the martyrs of Model Town tragedy for their devotion and unshakeable commitment towards MQI. Eight resolutions were passed in the ceremony. The demands and contents enshrined in resolutions are given bellow:
- The report authored by Justice Bakar Najfi must be made public in a bid to meet the requirement of justice in Model Town incident. This report be made the formal part of prosecution.
- The accused officials in Model Town tragedy must be stripped of all the posts in order to maintain transparency in the case.
- It was concluded that the compromise in national security through DAWN leaks, the restraining of Pakistan of executing Indian RAW agent, Khulbhsuan by the order of ICJ, the increasing diplomatic isolation of Pakistan were the unambiguous failure of the foreign policy of incumbent government.
- It was concluded that it was deliberate attempt on the part of government to make the JIT controversial through expression of reservations and hurling allegations. That was tantamount to escaping the accountability. It was demanded that the JIT must hold all accused persons accountable by exercising the mandate given by the Supreme Court.
- It was concluded that the parliamentary committee on the electoral reform had failed despite wasting precious time of nation mainly due to stubborn attitude of government.
- It was concluded that the election process would remain futile exercise unless the reform package presented by Dr. Tahir-ul-Qadri in sit-in of 2013 was implemented.
- It was concluded that Pakistan must not become the part of any controversial and sectarian alliance and should adopt the path of moderation and reconciliation by emphasizing the establishment of brotherly ties with all Muslim countries.
- It was concluded that the incumbent government had failed completely in achieving the targets of limiting foreign loans, reducing loadshedding, controlling inflation and managing the unemployment outlined in previous budget.
The participants decided to organize the PAT organizational structure down to the gross root level and renewed their pledge to make the people aware about the agenda of peaceful and democratic change.