Five-point resolution adopted at All-Pakistan Lawyers Convention
A five-point resolution, moved by senior lawyer Rai Bashir Ahmad, was unanimously adopted in All-Pakistan Lawyers Convention, which read as:
- Today’s Lawyers Convention demands that after Najafi Commission report has held Shehbaz Sharif and Rana Sanaullah directly responsible for Model Town massacre, they should step down immediately and surrender themselves to law. The Chief Minister is on record as having stated that if a finger was pointed at him, he would immediately resign from his position.
- The bureaucrats and government officials who are involved in planning, and execution of Model Town tragedy should be made to step down from their positions till the decision of the case and they should be handed over to law.
- All the accused in the Model Town case should be arrested and sent to jail like other ordinary accused. They should be meted out treatment based on equality of law.
- A powerful and neutral JIT on the pattern of Panama JIT should be formed to hold a fresh probe into the massacre. A judge of the SC or High Court should be appointed as the monitoring judge to oversee the investigation like the SC tasked one of its judges to monitor the corruption cases against the Sharif family.
- All the accused should be arrested and the murder weapons should be retrieved from them after getting their physical remand followed by submission of a detailed report to the court under Clause no 573 of CPC.