Islamic Learning Course 2011 under Minhaj-ul-Quran Women League
The training department of Minhaj-ul-Quran Women League (MWL) organized a 7-day Islamic Learning Course from July 4 to July 10, 2011 in Minhaj College for Women (MCW), Township. In addition to imparting spiritual and moral training to women and the spread of awareness among them, the Course sought to:
- Strengthen bond with Allah Almighty and the Holy Prophet (SAW)
- Familiarize them with basic Islamic teachings
- Create passion and foster inspiration enabling women to play their constructive role in the overall development of society
- Enable them to focus on personality development
Those who played significant role in running the course and making it a resounding success included Ms Sumaira Rafaqat, Secretary General Women League, Ms Sajida Sadiq, Ms Khadija Fatima, Ms Afnan Baber, Ms Sidra Karamat, Ms Noshaba Zia, Ms Naila Jafar, and Ms Nabila Yousuf.
About 217 students from 40 cities of Pakistan such as Lahore, Karachi, Faisalabad, Rawalpindi, Gujranwala, Sahiwal, Sargodha, Azad Kashmir, Muzzafar Garh, Larkana, Pind Dadan Khan and Jehlum attended the course.
Different speakers who spoke to the participants of the course on diverse subjects included Faiz-ur-Rehman Durrani, Sheikh Zahid Fayyaz, Rana Muhammad Idrees Qadri, Sayyid Farhat Hussain Shah, Zaheer Ahmad Naqashbandi, Sayyid Musharraf Shah, Muhammad Afzal Qadri, Muhammad Farooq Rana, Sayyid Altaf Hussain Shah, Bashir Khan Lodhi, Shafiq ur Rehman, Ms Sumaira Rafaqat, Ms Sajida Sadiq, Ms Farah Naz, Ms Khadija Fatima, Ms Noshaba Zia, Ms Afnan Baber, Ms Rafia Ali Qadri and Ms Nuraid Fatima.
Allama Muhammad Sharif Kamalvi gave lectures to the participants of the course on the fundamentals of religion, while Allama Ghulam Rabbani Taimoor and Zaheer Bilali imparted to them lessons on the speaking and Naat recitation skills on daily basis.
The lectures were delivered on the following topics:
- Practical and Spiritual Aspect of Sirat-ur-Rasool (S.A.W)
- Rights of the Holy Prophet (SAW) on the Umma
- Acquisition of knowledge----Divine blessing
- Importance of Gosh-a-Durood
- Aqeeda Tawheed-o-Risalat
- Concept of Intermediation
- Life of the Holy Prophet (SAW)
- Aqeeda e Shafaat (Intercession)
- Need and Importance of Sirat-ur-Rasool (S.A.W)
- Asloob-e-Sirat and conduct of the Companions
- Relationship of the Muslim community with the Holy Prophet (SAW)
- Services of Shaykh-ul-Islam in the field of Sira
- Beauty of intentions—a prerequisite for acceptance of deeds
- Legal status of Milad
- What is Minhaj-ul-Quran International?
- Scholarly and educational services of MQI
- Life is a trust
- Spiritual mentors of MQI
- Role of Women in Islam
- Bedari-e-Shaoor—Need of Time
- Struggle leads to Success
- Can you bring change in your life?
- How can you make your personality impressive?
Seven basic fundamentals which define MQI were divided over seven days of the course and the participants were briefed about each objective every day. The selected speeches of Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri were also shown to the students.
Special arrangements were made for spiritual and moral training of the participants. They offered 7,07,484 durood on the Holy Prophet (SAW) during these six days. The students who invoked most of the recited Durood were given prizes.
The last day of the course was dedicated as a tribute to Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri. A special flex was prepared in this connection. A ceremony under the title of ‘Tribute to Shyakh-ul-Islam’ was organized which was also attended by the central leaders of MQI. An examination of the subjects taught in the Course was also conducted and the students who garnered positions were given certificates and awards. The Course ended with the concluding remarks by Ms Sumaira Rafaqat, Secretary General Women League.