Sohail Raza visits Vatican City
On the invitation of Pontifical Council for Inter-religious Relations, Sohail Ahmad Raza, Director of Interfaith Relations Directorate of MQI, visited Vatican City. This six-month long visit of Sohail Raza was part of efforts to promote interfaith dialogue. 28 representatives from different countries formed the study group who held wide-ranging discussions on different issues in the realm of interfaith harmony and peace in the world. Sohail Ahmad Raza represented MQI in the group.
Sohail Raza along with other members of delegation met with leading religious and human rights figures who are working for the promotion of peace and dialogue in the world. Mr. Raza also held meetings with the human rights NGOs on the sidelines of his engagements.
- Cardinal Jean Louis Touran, President Pontifical Council for Inter religious Dialogue,Vatican.
- Archbishop Pier Luigi Celata, President Nostra Aetate Foundation Vatican
- Dr. Richard K. Baawobr. Superior General Missionaries of African countries.
- Dr.Julian Stephine Dean Islam and Christianity study Dept university of Paris.
- DDr. Felix Korner S.J. President Institute of Religion and Culture study, Pontifical Gregorian University Rome.
- Prof.Miguel Angel Ayuso. President Pontifical Institute of Arabic and Islamic Studies, Vatican.
- Prof. Mobeen Shahid, Pontifical Lateran University Cultural Research Institute Rome.
- Dr. Deniz Kilicher, ambassador for the Holly See of Turkey.
- Archbishop Iasozo Chidi Deniz, President African Countries Association.
- Miss Tasnim Aslam,Ambassador of Pakistan in Italy.
- Prof. Dr. Paul L. Heck,Islamic Studies Theology department, Georgetown University Washington USA.
- Prof Dr. Steven D Kepnes , Colgate University Hamilton NY ( Koreh Hadort Jerusalem, Israel)
- Akram Masih Gill, Minister of State, Ministry of Interfaith Harmony government of Pakistan.
- Msgr. Dr. Edger Pena Parra, Apostolic Nunciator in Pakistan
- Dr. Adnan Mokrani, from Tuniz University of Gregoriana Rome.
- Fr. James Channan. president URI, Pakistan.
- Dr. Rev P.Glenn Morris OP, Sec Gen. Pontifical University of Angeli cam, Rome.
The chief highlight of the tour was his meeting with Pope Benedict IXI in Vatican City and discussed the issues of terrorism and extremism in detail. He also gifted the historic religious decree against terrorism issued by Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri to the global religious leaders including Pope Benedict who appreciated Shaykh-ul-Islam’s services for peace and interfaith dialogue.