Staff Training Course held at MQI Secretariat
Directorate of Training of MQI organized a three-day staff training course at the Central Secretariat from 3 Aug, 2009 to sharpen the skills and build up the professional capacity of employees working at the Secretariat. The training course addressed such areas as administrative, organizational and moral matters. The course was heavily attended by the central leaders, directors, deputy directors and staff members of different departments of the Central Secretariat. Every day had a different topic. Abdur Razaq Chaudhry conducted the proceedings of the programme.
First Day of Training Course
The inaugural day of the Course got underway with recitation from the Holy Quran followed by recital of Naat by Khaleeq Aamir Tahir. Senior naib Nazim-e-Ala, Sheikh Zahid Fayyaz, chose the subject of "aims and objectives of training sittings". He said that besides imparting moral and spiritual training of the employees working at the central secretariat, the course was aimed at improving their managerial and professional capacity for the production of better results. He advised all the administrative heads to ensure the presence of employees working under them.
Sahibzada Hussain Mohi-ud-Din Qadri, member of MQI Supreme Council, threw light on the topic of "importance & roadmap of coordination between different departments of MQI". He said that whichever be the department or directorate one was working in, one was in fact rendering service in the cause of religion. He said that it was important that everyone cooperated with the other in the interest of organization and efficiency. He highlighted the importance of team work and said that joint efforts could produce amazing results. The proceedings of the first day ended on Dua.
Second Day of Training Course
The second day of the Training Course started with recitation from the Holy Quran followed by Naat. Brig. (r ) Iqbal Ahmad Khan, naib Amir-e-Tehreek, spoke on the topic of "Why discipline is important and how can we make ourselves disciplined?" He said that Allah Almighty created the entire humanity in an order and discipline and it is the same discipline, which underlines its functioning. He said that we needed to adopt discipline at individual and collective levels being the crown of creations. No nation and society could progress unless they made discipline their national habit.
Afterwards, Sahibzada Miskin Faiz-ur-Rehman Durrani expressed his views on the topic of "safeguarding the assets of Central Secretariat". He said that MQI was a welfare organization and safeguarding the assets of the organization was our collective responsibility. He said that we should explore further avenues to develop the financial strength of Secretariat for its efficient functioning.
Third Day of Training Course
After the beginning of the programme, Allama Muhammad Miraj-ul-Islam, Dean of Department of al-Hadith of Minhaj University Lahore, threw light on the most important topic of "how to develop positive thinking and the effects of social evils". He said that it was unfortunate that the subject of our most of discussions was the character and personality of others, which amounted to their backbiting in most of the cases. He said that it was the most lethal disease that undermined the roots of human society. We should vow to eradicate this evil. He also referred to a number of Prophetic traditions on the topic said that there was dire need to get rid of this habit.
Senior naib Nazim-e-Ala, Sheikh Zahid Fayyaz, lectured on "practical steps to make the atmosphere at Central Secretariat exemplary" in the concluding session of the Course. He presented a unanimous resolution composed of proposals and suggestion to improve the working and atmospherics, which was supported by all those present on the occasion. The staff and workers took oath to work hard to make improvements in that regard.
The Resolution had following points:
- Every worker and staff member of Central Secretariat would remain in the state of ablution.
- Every staff member would recite a particular portion of the Holy Quran before the formal start of work. He is expected to do so after offering the Fajr prayers at home. If he does not do so, then he should recite the Holy Quran before the start of work at office.
- Every worker would offer prayer regularly in Mosque.
- Everyone would offer Durood, Kalma daily.
- No one would indulge himself in backbiting, rumour-mongering and character assassination of others.
- Discipline would be followed religiously at the Secretariat. The seniors are expected to show mercy and affection for the juniors while the juniors would extend respect to the seniors.
- All official mattes like in-time attendance of office and assembly, cleanliness of the office and the performance of duties would be performed with high sense of devotion and duty.
- Undue use of phone, electricity and vehicles would be avoided.
- Every department would cooperate with the other department and the attitude of non-cooperation would not be tolerated.
- Every effort would be made to act upon the saying of Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri that "when you deal with Allah, be indifferent to humanity and in case of dealing with humanity, do not allow ill-commanding self to intervene."
Central Director of the Directorate of Training, Dr Tanvir Azam Sandhu, thanked all the participants for their cooperation and interest in making the training course a success. Allama Ghulam Murtaza Alvi and Qamar Javed Malik performed the coordination duties. The Camp ended on Dua.