Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri's interview with Dr Danish on ARY News (10 points revolutionary agenda)
Important 10 points of revolutionary manifesto of Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri
During his all-important keynote address, Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri presented his revolutionary agenda he would implement after peaceful, green revolution. The chief highlights of the agenda are summarized in the following 10 points:
- Every homeless will be given a home. Every homeless family will be given 3/5 marla residential plot for free. They would be given interest-free loans for the construction of these houses which would be returnable from 20 to 25 years. Those families, who do not have financial means to return these loans, would be handed over keys of constructed houses.
- Every person would be given employment or employment allowance. The youth would be helped in career counseling and planning for their jobs. The practice of making them beggars, indebted or loan defaulters would be discouraged and discontinued.
- Those having monthly income of less than Rs. 15,000/20,000 would pay half of the real amount on flour, rice, milk, cooking oil, sugar, and plain clothes.
- All taxes will be eliminated from the gas, water and electricity bills for lower middle class and they would be required to pay half of the exact amount of these utilities.
- Official insurance scheme would be introduced and the poor would get free medical treatment.
- Education up to matriculation will be free and the parents would not be able to keep their children deprived of education. The students desirous of higher education would be given opportunities to do so and their admission will be ensured as per merit.
- Pakistan’s total area is 200 million acres. Out of which 100 million acre is cultivable. The half of this land is under private ownership while the remaining 50 million acres would be distributed among the poor.
- Sectarianism, terrorism and extremism will be eliminated. Ten thousand peace training centres will be opened for training of the people. Syllabi of religious seminaries would be revised and amended.
- The women will be given opportunities for respectable employment in the form of domestic industrial units. They will be given complete socio-economic security by doing away with discriminatory laws.
- Disparity in the pay structures of all senior and junior public and private sector employees will be minimized to possible extent.
Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri said that emergency steps would be taken for implementation of all of these points and their fruits would start reaching the poor within one year. He also explained at the occasion that corruption would be eradicated first to make this revolutionary manifesto practicable and the laundered money lying in Swiss banks would be brought back. He said that there were 13 banks in Switzerland in which the ill-gotten money of the world was deposited. He said that the $100 billion belonging to our political, religious leaders and ruling elite was lying in two of these banks namely Credit Swiss and UBS.