Director Interfaith Relations attends World Tolerance Summit Dubai, UAE
Sohail Ahmad Raza, Director Interfaith Relations Minhaj-ul-Quran International (MQI), participated in World Tolerance Summit 2019 held in Dubai, UAE. The two-day conference was held in Madina Jumria Conference and Events Centre on November 13-14 under the banner of the Ministry of Culture. Sohail Raza represented the MQI in the event.
The delegates belonging to 105 countries attended the Conference. The books written by renowned researchers and scholars on the topic of tolerance were put up in the exhibition. The program also featured discussions and dialogue on interfaith harmony.
Sohail Ahmad Raza exhibited Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri's books in Arabic and English languages at the conference. He also presented Dr Qadri's Fatwa against terrorism (Arabic version) to Dr. Abdullah bin Mohammed Al-Fawzan, Secretary General of King Abdul Aziz Centre for National Dialogue on the occasion. He also gifted other delegates and scholars the books written by Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri.
Other distinguished guest from different countries
- Dr. Hamad Al Sheikh Ahmad Al Shaibani (DG, ministry of culture and Tolerance Government of Dubai.)
- Princess Lamia Bint Majed Al Saud (Secretary General Al Waleed Philanthropist, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.)
- Velma Saric (Founder Post - Conflict Research Centre, Bosnia and Herzegovina.)
- Dr. Peter Mousaferiadis (CEO & Founder Cultural Infusion, Australia.)
- Fr. Mina Hanna (Chairman Coptic Church Jabel Ali Dubai)
- Dr. Kazi Nurul Islam, Founding Chairman Department of World Religions and culture (University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.)
- Sardar Surender Singh Kandhari (Chairman GURUNANAK DARBAR Dubai.)
- Dr. Richard McMallum (senior fellow The centre for Muslim - Christian Studies Oxford UK.)
- Dr. Mosabeh Saeed Alkitbi (Global council of Tolerance and peace KSA.)