PAT, MQM, PTI, PML, SIC, PPP & MWM issue joint declaration
The leaders of Pakistani Awami Tehreek (PAT), Mutthida Qaumi Movement, (MQM), Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI), Pakistan Muslim League (PML), Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) and Majlis-e-Wahdat-ul-Muslameen (MWM) addressed a press conference in the wake of the Model Town carnage. The following declaration was issued at the occasion:
- The Model Town tragedy took place at the behest of the government. It was the worst ever example of state terrorism, savagery, and massacre.
- The arrested workers of PAT should be released and fake FIR registered against them by Police itself should be withdrawn and those missing should be found out.
- All those nominated in application filed by PAT should immediately resign from their positions.
- Administration and police officials responsible for the Lahore tragedy should be suspended forthwith.
- A three-member high-powered Commission consisting of the Supreme Court judges should be constituted that should mete out exemplary punishment to those found responsible for the tragedy after holding investigation into the incident by a Joint Investigation Team consisting of MI, ISI, and IB officials.
- Impartial inquiry should also be held into the cruel killing of MQM legislator Tahira Asif, the killers should be arrested and conspiracy behind attack on her should be unearthed.