Dr Qadri launches march, lays out 10-point revolution agenda
LAHORE: Pakistan Awami Tehreek chief Dr. Tahir ul Qadri on Thursday noon announced formally launching his long march to Islamabad and laid out the purpose of his revolution, ARY News reported.
Talking to media outside Minhajul Quran secretariat in Model Town before beginning his march, the PAT chief said the march would let oppressed and deprived people get their social and democratic rights.
He said revolution was meant to revive real democracy.
He elaborated the points behind objective of the resolution.
- Transformation; We want to establish an egalitarian society as
promised by founder of Pakistan Quaid e Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
- Poverty; Complete alleviation of poverty.
- Basic necessities; provision of house , food, employment,
protection, basic necessities, free education, justice dispensation, health
facilities, rights to labourers and farmers, eradication of rich and poor
gap and their betterment of socio-economic status of people.
- Accountability; of all kinds of corruption and its elimination
from the society to improve system, society and governance.
- Electoral reforms; reforms in political, electoral and
socio-economic system so that article 62 and 63 could be implemented in
letter and spirit.
- Junta rule; no permission for martial law is allowed. “We want
- Terrorism; Eradication of all kinds of terrorism from the
country. We will make constitution amendments. There will zero tolerance
against any oppression. Pakistan will be made a moderate , democratic and
- Devolution; of powers as practiced in America, Canada and other
European countries. We will create more provinces.
- Minority rights; all necessary rights to minority will be
ensured. Gilgit Baltistan will also be made a province.
- Rights; provision of rights to women. And equality of sex will be ensured.