AL-Nasiha Lecture Series: Dr. Ghazala Hassan Qadri delivers 4th lecture on 'Marital Harmony'
President Minhaj-ul-Quran Women League International, Dr. Ghazala Hassan Qadri delivered her fourth lecture of the 8 weeks al-Nasiha series on the topic of “Marital Harmony: How to Resolve Conflicts Between the Spouses Part 2 & Question & Answer”.
13 essential techniques that spouses should adopt in order to ensure a peaceful resolution to their problems. This included adopting a positive mental frame of mind, anger management skills as well as 13 practical steps that one should adopt before even engaging in any conversation to resolve disputes.
Some of the resolutions Dr. Ghazala proposed were:
1) Commence the conversation with a compliment.
2) Stick to the point of the particular issue & don't bring historical issues up.
3) Create a positive environment.
4) After you've said your point of view, then pay attention to their side.
If you get the resolution you wanted, remember there's no win or lose. This isn't a competition. Express your gratitude. Remember you are saying this for Allah's pleasure. This will create understanding and improve the relationship.
5) If you don't get the resolution you wanted, compromise. - You don't need to both prove you are right. Both parties will have their point of view. Recognise this and give it importance. Agree to disagree and find a middle way.
Dr. Ghazala concluded the session with Q&A session in the end that concerned marital issues as well as family issues. These were addressed with practical & purposeful tips.