MWL participates in a roundtable discussion on educational reforms
Ghazali Education Trust (GET) and Pakistan Coalition for Education (PCE) jointly organized a round- table discussion on "Prioritizing Education in Political Parties’ Manifestos". Minhaj-ul-Quran Women League was invited to this very important roundtable discussion, where members of political parties, civil society and prominent media personalities were in attendance. From MWL, Mrs. Farah Naz, Ms. Afnan Babar, Ms. Sana Waheed and Ms. Mamoona Nazeer joined the event.
Sana Waheed appreciated the collective approach towards the common goal of ensuring quality education for all. She also presented educational work, projects and priorities of Minhaj-ul-Quran International (MQI). Ms. Afnan Babar presented manifesto of PAT and shared her suggestions with the house.
The event brought together Standing Committee members on education from Punjab, journalists, representatives of civil society, research scholars, representatives of political parties and members of the Punjab Provincial Assembly.
Dr Farah Naz, president of MWL, expressed her brief views about reforms in educational system and curriculum preparation on primary and college to University level. Her talk revolved around five comprehensive aspects of educational system:
- Quality of education encompasses both educational and practical points while inculcating strong ethical values in an individual.
- Emphasis on a system that is blended with old valuable teachings and modern discoveries and traditions can construct a welfare society.
- Education must inculcate a purpose of life in the students.
- Education system should produce leadership qualities without any discrimination.
- Emphasis on education of women at all tiers for their useful role in the socio-economic development of society.